Black Friday—the biggest sale of the year—kicks off the holiday shopping season. Retailers sell popular products at deep discounts. Savings do not apply only to retail products; they include services as well. Contractors across the country are getting in on the sale by offering discounted home upgrades.
Black Friday is a great time to start upgrading your home, and upgrades to your home can pay dividends down the line in increased home value. Whether you are selling or keeping your home, it is always a good idea to focus on maintaining its value with regular upgrades.
There are varied reasons for remodeling a house, which include a growing family or changing lifestyle. But whatever the reason, remodeling a house brings the following advantages:
- A remodeled kitchen enhances the value of the entire home. The kitchen is the focal point of family meals, get-togethers with friends, and family gatherings.
- Bathroom remodeling impacts the family’s comfort and convenience. Improved lighting and updated fixtures add value and quality to the home.
- The addition of outdoor living spaces such as patios, outdoor kitchens, or decks are considered added space, which will increase the value of any home.
- Updated windows as well as heating and air-conditioning systems result in energy efficiency and lower power bills. These improvements not only add to the value of the house, they are also eligible for incentives and tax credits.
- A switch to low-maintenance and durable exterior products, such as cement board, will save homeowners hours of maintenance time and dramatically improve the curb appeal of any house.
- Room additions are often a better alternative for a growing family than moving to a new house. Adding additional square footage to a house, either through the addition of new rooms or the conversion of a basement into useable living space, may sound intimidating. However, the professionals at Washington State Kitchen & Bath can advise you on ways to make a home addition both manageable and cost effective.
- Eliminating interior traffic inside the house by opening up a floor plan will create a noticeable change and feel in your home.
- Adding a storage space in order to de-clutter each room makes the home look spacious. It gives the family the advantage of more breathing room and the ability to find things easily.
You can add value to your home by increasing the functionality and quality of your home. Take advantage of the low prices this Black Friday, and start your home improvement soon.