An ideal bathroom may include a bathtub where you can soak and relax away the cares of the day. With a bathtub right in your home, you can give yourself a veritable spa treatment.
If there are elderly dwellers in the home, a walk-in bathtub is a practical option. If you don’t have that option, consider installing one with a bath remodel for your Seattle home. If you have questions about whether your bathroom can accommodate a walk-in tub, get in touch with a Seattle remodeling contractor to talk about the logistics.
A walk-in tub has the same features as a regular tub. The main difference is that there is a side door that bathtub users will have to open to get inside, instead of stepping over the bathtub wall. Walk-in tubs are usually taller than traditional models, allowing for a deeper soak with minimal risk of water spilling over the side.
You can luxuriate in your walk-in bathtub with these tips:
- Add bath salts, bubble bath, or water-soluble minerals to the water – These additions make the water gentler on the skin and prevent the loss of skin moisture. They can also provide a soothing scent to make your bathing experience enjoyable and relaxing.
- Light some aromatic candles – There’s nothing more serene than soaking in a warm bath while savoring the calming essence of lavender or rosemary wafting from flickering candles.
- Listen to your favorite music – Playing soft music while bathing can enhance serenity and relaxation.
- Invest in a water jet – Take your bathing experience up a notch by installing a water jet to massage your muscles.
- Surround the tub with flowers – Fresh flowers can enliven and beautify any setting. Buy a bouquet to place at the side of your bath or on your bathroom countertop.
Having a walk-in bathtub will make bathing a lot safer. Adding special touches will make bathing even more relaxing and therapeutic.