Kitchen remodels are notorious for being expensive. However, there are still ways of upgrading your kitchen without breaking the bank. If you are creative and resourceful enough, you can give your kitchen a facelift without exceeding your limited budget.
Follow these tips for remodeling on the cheap:
- Devise a strategy – Make a clear plan of what you want and how much you can afford before you even think of starting a kitchen renovation. If money is tight, be realistic and keep your plan modest. Prioritize your desired upgrades and tackle the most important ones first.
- Revive old cabinets – New, custom cabinets are gorgeous, but they could gobble up your entire budget in a hurry. Try repainting your current cabinets instead. You’ll get a fresh, new look for a fraction of the price of new ones. You can also replace just the doors of the old cabinets. Finish your project off with brand new hardware.
- Illuminate – Drab lighting creates an uninviting kitchen atmosphere. Just adding new lighting can breathe life into your kitchen. Consider recessed lighting or pendant lights. You will likely find that you are more eager to spend time in your kitchen when it is well-lit.
- Stick with the stove – There are lots of trendy stove iterations, including a slide-in range. In the grand scheme of things, however, there are cheaper ways to improve the overall look of your kitchen. Stick with your freestanding stove and spend your money on improvements that deliver more bang for your buck.
- Think simple for your backsplash – You can spend a small fortune on an ornate backsplash, but that’s not the only way to achieve a great look. Try using subway tile. It’s one of the cheapest tile options but still provides a clean, classic look for your kitchen.
You’ll be surprised at how much mileage you get out of a few well-placed kitchen updates. Be practical about your budget and creative about your style, and you can achieve a dynamic, new kitchen look without depleting your savings.