When you age, you will need to adjust your lifestyle to accommodate your changing needs. Taking a bath is one of the most rudimentary activities in life, but it can become challenging as you grow older. Difficulties in getting into the bathtub have caused injuries and even death for some senior citizens.
The safety and comfort of the elderly should be given utmost priority in the home. One home improvement that could make a big difference is to replace the regular bathtub with a walk-in version.
A walk-in tub has the same structure as the traditional bathtub, except for the built-in door helps eliminate the risks of climbing over the bathtub wall. There is no need to worry about water leakage or spillage because the door is watertight. Walk-in tubs are larger and deeper than traditional bathtubs, which makes showering and bathing a comfortable experience for people who are less mobile.
There are many types of walk-in tubs on the market today. You should look for the following when you choose your walk-in bathtub:
- Low slip risks – Walk-in tubs must have anti-slips floors and seats. The anti-slip features will ensure that users will be safe going in and out of the tub.
- Easy to maintain – The tub must be mold and bacteria-resistant so that upkeep is minimal.
- High quality materials – A walk-in tub made of good materials will be durable and useful for many years. It should not scratch or crack easily and should be fade-resistant.
- Anti-scalding safeguards – Anybody, regardless of age, could get hurt when the water in the tub gets too hot. Anti-scald technology will keep the water from overheating to the point that it will harm the user.
- Easy entry – Buttons and knobs, door handles and other features should be within comfortable reach of the user.
Seasoned home remodelers can help you choose the best walk-in tubs in Seattle. A walk-in bathtub in a Seattle home may help increase its value and ensure the safety and comfort of its residents.