No matter what you do for work, a visit to a spa is the best way to end a long day. It gives your body and mind the chance to get rid of all of the stress that has accumulated throughout the day. Unfortunately, a visit to the spa can be pricey, and, as the weather gets colder, you may not want to venture out into the elements when you could go back to your warm home instead.
Luckily, with a little bit of TLC, you can find a sanctuary right in your own home. Turning your bathroom into a spa can be the perfect way to unwind and recharge your batteries after a long workday.
You can make the following modifications to your bathroom to give it the look and feel of a real spa:
- Improve the visual appeal – Changing the visual appeal of your bathroom can make a big difference. Adopt the minimalist style of most spas to give your bathroom a restful and serene feel. Get rid of any excess clutter and keep it clean so it will be ready for you when you need it most.
- Repaint with a natural hue – Paint your bathroom with nature-inspired colors such as green, brown, and gray. It will give your spa at home an organic and calming feel. Make sure to remember that if your bathroom is quite small, you need to choose a lighter neutral color to give it a bigger feel.
- Install faux wood tiles – It’s no secret that wood is associated with warmth. Create a warm atmosphere in your bathroom by installing faux wood for your floor. Unfortunately, wood is not an ideal material for an area that is damp, but manufacturers have now created ceramic tiles that look just like wood. This is a great alternative to natural wood, and it will last even longer.
- Dim your lights – Install lights with dimmers in the bathroom. This allows you to adjust the lights depending on your mood. If you feel like relaxing in a spa-like environment, you can use the dimmer to soften the lighting with just the touch of a finger. On the flip side, if you feel somewhat down, and you want to lift your spirit, make the light in the bathroom a little bit brighter.
- Install a massage showerhead – If you don’t have a bathtub, you can utilize a massage shower head for a more luxurious experience in the shower. This will help relax your tired body.
- Warm your towels – Complete the spa atmosphere by installing a towel warmer. After a nice bath or shower, there is nothing better than wrapping your body in a warm towel.
- Scent – Top off the transformation of your bathroom to a home spa by adding aromatherapy. Lather up with peppermint-scented soap or soak in the bathtub with scented candles on the tub ledge.
With a spa-like bathroom in your home, you may not feel the need to ever go to the spa again.